My great great grandparents, Olive Ingalls Carter and Pulaski Carter
Amelia Maria Carter Kennedy, daughter of the couple pictured above, researched the genealogies of her family and that of her husband, William DeWitt Kennedy. I inherited most of her notes, documentation, correspondence, society applications and certificates, and some of the books that she used for her research. I have since purchased many others. The files of Amelia Maria [I always heard it pronounced Ma-ri'-ya with a long i] Carter Kennedy revealed that she wrote the biographies for her father and husband that have been published in several books. These pages are designed to share some of this unique information, along with material acquired from other sources over the years.
Short Biography of [spelled Polaski until 1834, according to page 48 of Amelia's Red Notebook]
Full Pulaski Carter Biography, plus Carter, Butts, Ingalls, & others.
Article: Pulaski Carter; Manufacturer of Axes and Edge Tools, Providence, Pennsylvania
Capouse Works of Pulaski Carter with Map
New Rolling Mills at Providence
Family Listings in City Directories for Scranton 1859 - 1900
Westminster Cemetery, Canterbury, Connecticut
Carter & Kennedy in Dunmore Cemetery, Scranton, Pennsylvania
Biography of James Schofield KennedyKennedy, Jayne, Stephens, and Scofield Genealogy Scanned: Amelia Carter Kennedy's handwritten notebook
Connecticut Butts Genealogy Scanned: Amelia Carter Kennedy's handwritten notebook
Ancestry of William De Witt Kennedy
Amelia Carter Kennedy's scanned Red Notebook. It contains the genealogy of the Carter, Spaulding, Ingalls and Butts families.
The Baldwin School, Bryn Mawr, PA: Old postcards, photos and 1919 yearbook
50th Wedding Anniversaries, Mr. & Mrs. James S. Kennedy, and Mr. & Mrs. William D. Kennedy
Ancestry of Maria Van Vliet, Wife of John Kennedy
Jayne Genealogy Notes and Correspondence
Some Cemetery Gravestones for Jayne and Woodhull in the:Setauket Caroline Episcopal Churchyard, Setauket, Long Island, NYLetter From Holloway Stephens
Setauket Presbyterian Churchyard, Setauket, Long Island, New York
History of Nicholson with Stephens Genealogy
Nicholson / Tunkhannock Viaduct, Nicholson, PA
Stephens Cemetery, Nicholson, Pennsylvania
Grand Army of the Republic (GAR), Ezra Griffin Post No. 139Pennsylvania Sons of the Revolution: Eliphalet & Ebenezer Stephens Records
Revolutionary War Record of William Hibbard, including the Wyoming Massacre
Societies Amelia Carter Kennedy joined: Daughters of the American
Revolution (DAR), Colonial Dames, National Society of Daughters
of Founders and Patriots of American, National Society of The Sons
and Daughters of the Pilgrims
Neff and Pendleton Genealogy Information
Pendleton Genealogy: Rhode Island
1887 Williams' Scranton Directory - scanned NEW August 2020
Early (late 1800's to early 1900's) Photographs of Greater Scranton
Vintage Scranton Area Postcards
Schools in and around Scranton - old postcard viewsHotel Jermyn Brochure
"A Glimpse of the City of Scranton and Lackawanna Valley," brochure by The Scranton Railway Company
The City of Scranton and Vicinity and Their Resources c1894 Prominent Men, With Portraits
The Pennsylvania Wyoming Valley in 1892, including scanned pages
Home for the Friendless, Scranton, PA
"Carter & Kennedy Building Occupied by Foote & Shear and J. Scott Inglis and J. D. Williams & Bro. Co. Building fell Fury to the Flames" November 10, 1906
The Hotel Casey, 1909-2001, Scranton, PA
Helpful Published MaterialsI have contributed a lot of material to the Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, PAGenWeb Project Site. The material is of general interest, such as scans of directories, almanacs, maps, and documents.
- Portrait and Biographical Record of Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania. (New York and Chicago: Chapman Publishing Co., 1897). Download free from Archive.org.
- History of Luzerne, Lackawanna and Wyoming Counties, Pennsylvania. (New York: W. W. Munsell & Co., 1880). Download free from Archive.org.
- History of Scranton, Pennsylvania. David Craft, William A. Wilcox, Alfred Hand, J. Wooldridge, (Dayton, Ohio: Published for H. W. Crew by the United Brethren Publishing House, 1891). Download from, or view on, Google.- as well as Archive.org.
- Genealogical and Family History of the Wyoming and Lackawanna Valleys, Pennsylvania. Hon. Alfred Hand, John W. Jordon, edited by Rev. Horace Edwin Hayden, (New York and Chicago: The Lewis Publishing Co., 1906). Download free from Archive.org: Volume I; Volume II.
- History of Scranton and Its People. Col. Frederick L. Hitchcock, (New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Co., 1914). The scanned books can be ready, searched and downloaded at Archive.org: Volume I; Volume II.
- Spalding Memorial; a genealogical history of Edward Spalding, of Massachusetts Bay, and his descendants (1872) (Free search and download).
- The genealogy and history of the Ingalls Family in America (1903) by Burleigh (Free search and download)
Back to Susan Carter White Pieroth's Home Page
Copyright 1997- Susan White Pieroth